Please note: The course has been moved to November 12-16. Registration opens October 1.
This course gives an introduction to different microphone techniques and their areas of application. It will be possible to learn about:
- what kinds of microphone characteristics and what kind of microphone placements that work well when recording vocals or various music instruments
- close range and distant micing
- stereo techniques: coincident pairs, spaced pairs, MS recording and the differences between using omnidirectional and cardoid microphones
- recording with many microphones
- ambience recording
- outdoor recording
- surround techniques: 5.1, double MS, B-format
Number of participants: 10
Duration: 5 days, 10 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Date: November 12 – 16, 2012
Teacher: Cato Langnes
Price: NOK 3000
Mikrophones and recording (Norwegian text)
Solo double bass and new recording techniques (Norwegian text